Are you OK with cookies?

We use small files called ‘cookies’ on Some are essential to make the site work, some help us to understand how we can improve your experience, and some are set by third parties. You can choose to turn off the non-essential cookies. Which cookies are you happy for us to use?

Skip to content

Complaints guide

If you’re not happy with how we have investigated a complaint

If you are not satisfied with how the PPO or IPCI have handled an investigation, you can complain to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO). 

The PHSO can look into complaints from people who believe they’ve been treated unfairly due to mistakes made by our office.

How to appeal

Complain online

Complain by using the online complaint form. The person making the complaint will need to register and login to do this. 

Complain in writing

If you can’t do it online or are helping someone appeal, you can download a complaints form. A Member of Parliament (MP) will need to sign it and send it to the PHSO.

Find your MP’s contact details

Contacting the PSHO

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Mosley Street
M2 3HQ

Telephone: 0345 015 4033